qemu.git
2 years agohw/arm/virt: move VirtMachineState/Class to virt.h
Andrew Jones [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:22 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt: move VirtMachineState/Class to virt.h

In preparation to share more Virt machine state than just guest-info
with other mach-virt source files, move the State and Class structures
to virt.h

Signed-off-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Igor Mammedov <imammedo@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20170102200153.28864-10-drjones@redhat.com
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agohw/arm/virt: remove include/hw/arm/virt-acpi-build.h
Andrew Jones [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:22 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt: remove include/hw/arm/virt-acpi-build.h

include/hw/arm/virt-acpi-build.h is only used for VirtGuestInfo,
which doesn't even necessarily have to be ACPI specific. Move
VirtGuestInfo to include/hw/arm/virt.h, allowing us to remove
include/hw/arm/virt-acpi-build.h, and to prepare for even more
code motion.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Igor Mammedov <imammedo@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20170102200153.28864-9-drjones@redhat.com
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agohw/arm/virt: eliminate struct VirtGuestInfoState
Andrew Jones [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:22 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt: eliminate struct VirtGuestInfoState

Instead of allocating a new struct just for VirtGuestInfo and the
machine_done Notifier, place them inside VirtMachineState. This
is the mach-virt equivalent of "pc: Eliminate struct
PcGuestInfoState"

Suggested-by: Eduardo Habkost <ehabkost@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Igor Mammedov <imammedo@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20170102200153.28864-8-drjones@redhat.com
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agohw/arm/virt: use VirtMachineState.gic_version
Andrew Jones [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:22 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt: use VirtMachineState.gic_version

machvirt_init may need to probe for the gic version. If so, then
make sure the result is written to VirtMachineState. With the
state up to date, use it instead of a local variable. This is a
cleanup that prepares for VirtMachineState to be passed to functions
even outside hw/arm/virt.c

Signed-off-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Igor Mammedov <imammedo@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20170102200153.28864-7-drjones@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agohw/arm/virt: parameter passing cleanups
Andrew Jones [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:22 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt: parameter passing cleanups

Some simple cleanups made possible by "hw/arm/virt: Merge
VirtBoardInfo and VirtMachineState"

Signed-off-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Igor Mammedov <imammedo@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20170102200153.28864-6-drjones@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agohw/arm/virt-acpi-build: fadt: improve flag naming
Andrew Jones [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:21 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt-acpi-build: fadt: improve flag naming

Signed-off-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20170102200153.28864-5-drjones@redhat.com
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agohw/arm/virt-acpi-build: gtdt: improve flag naming
Andrew Jones [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:21 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt-acpi-build: gtdt: improve flag naming

Also remove all unused flags.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20170102200153.28864-4-drjones@redhat.com
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agohw/arm/virt-acpi-build: name GIC CPU Interface Structure appropriately
Andrew Jones [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:21 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt-acpi-build: name GIC CPU Interface Structure appropriately

Also move the enabled flag definition from mach-virt code to
acpi common.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20170102200153.28864-3-drjones@redhat.com
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agohw/arm/virt-acpi-build: add all missing cpu_to_le's
Andrew Jones [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:21 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt-acpi-build: add all missing cpu_to_le's

Signed-off-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20170102200153.28864-2-drjones@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agohw/arm/virt: Don't incorrectly claim architectural timer to be edge-triggered
Peter Maydell [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:21 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt: Don't incorrectly claim architectural timer to be edge-triggered

The architectural timers in ARM CPUs all have level triggered interrupts
(unless you're using KVM on a host kernel before 4.4, which misimplemented
them as edge-triggered).

We were incorrectly describing them in the device tree as edge triggered.
This can cause problems for guest kernels in 4.8 before rc6:
 * pre-4.8 kernels ignore the values in the DT
 * 4.8 before rc6 write the DT values to the GIC config registers
 * newer than rc6 ignore the DT and insist that the timer interrupts
   are level triggered regardless

Fix the DT so we're describing reality. For backwards-compatibility
purposes, only do this for the virt-2.9 machine onward.

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
2 years agohw/arm/virt: Rename 'vbi' variables to 'vms'
Peter Maydell [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:21 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt: Rename 'vbi' variables to 'vms'

Rename all the variables which used to be VirtBoardInfo*
and are now VirtMachineState* so their names are in line
with the type being used.

Apart from the removal of the line 'VirtMachineState *vbi = vms;'
this commit is purely a search-and-replace of 'vbi' with 'vms'.

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
2 years agohw/arm/virt: Merge VirtBoardInfo and VirtMachineState
Peter Maydell [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:21 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt: Merge VirtBoardInfo and VirtMachineState

One of the purposes of VirtBoardInfo was to hold various
bits of state about the board. Now we have MachineState
and the subclass VirtMachineState to do this. Fold the
VirtBoardInfo into VirtMachineState rather than having
some flags in one struct and some in another with no
useful way to get between them.

In the process we drop the code for looking up the
memory map and irq map from the CPU model, because
in practice we always use the same maps in all cases.

For easier code review, this change removes the
VirtBoardInfo type but leaves all the variables which
used to be VirtBoardInfo* and are now VirtMachineState*
with their now-confusing 'vbi' names.

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
2 years agohw/char: QOM'ify exynos4210_uart.c
xiaoqiang zhao [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:21 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
hw/char: QOM'ify exynos4210_uart.c

Drop the old Sysbus init and use instance_init and
DeviceClass::realize instead

Signed-off-by: xiaoqiang zhao <zxq_yx_007@163.com>
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoi2c: Allow I2C devices to NAK start events
Corey Minyard [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:20 +0000 (11:40 +0000)] 
i2c: Allow I2C devices to NAK start events

Add a return value to the event handler.  Some I2C devices will
NAK if they have no data, so allow them to do this.  This required
the following changes:

Go through all the event handlers and change them to return int
and return 0.

Modify i2c_start_transfer to terminate the transaction on a NAK.

Modify smbus handing to not assert if a NAK occurs on a second
operation, and terminate the transaction and return -1 instead.

Add some information on semantics to I2CSlaveClass.

Signed-off-by: Corey Minyard <cminyard@mvista.com>
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/gonglei/tags/cryptodev-next-20161224' into...
Peter Maydell [Fri, 6 Jan 2017 15:18:09 +0000 (15:18 +0000)] 
Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/gonglei/tags/cryptodev-next-20161224' into staging

cryptodev patches

- add xts mode support
- add 3DES algorithm support
- other trivial fixes

# gpg: Signature made Sat 24 Dec 2016 05:56:44 GMT
# gpg:                using RSA key 0x2ED7FDE9063C864D
# gpg: Good signature from "Gonglei <arei.gonglei@huawei.com>"
# gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
# gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
# Primary key fingerprint: 3EF1 8E53 3459 E6D1 963A  3C05 2ED7 FDE9 063C 864D

* remotes/gonglei/tags/cryptodev-next-20161224:
  cryptodev: add 3des-ede support
  cryptodev: remove single-DES support in cryptodev
  cryptodev: add xts(aes) support
  cryptodev: fix the check of aes algorithm

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/jasowang/tags/net-pull-request' into staging
Peter Maydell [Fri, 6 Jan 2017 12:10:40 +0000 (12:10 +0000)] 
Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/jasowang/tags/net-pull-request' into staging

# gpg: Signature made Fri 06 Jan 2017 02:55:49 GMT
# gpg:                using RSA key 0xEF04965B398D6211
# gpg: Good signature from "Jason Wang (Jason Wang on RedHat) <jasowang@redhat.com>"
# gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with sufficiently trusted signatures!
# gpg:          It is not certain that the signature belongs to the owner.
# Primary key fingerprint: 215D 46F4 8246 689E C77F  3562 EF04 965B 398D 6211

* remotes/jasowang/tags/net-pull-request:
  fsl_etsec: Fix Tx BD ring wrapping handling
  rtl8139: correctly handle PHY reset
  record/replay: add network support

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agofsl_etsec: Fix Tx BD ring wrapping handling
Andrey Smirnov [Thu, 5 Jan 2017 20:26:36 +0000 (12:26 -0800)] 
fsl_etsec: Fix Tx BD ring wrapping handling

Current code that handles Tx buffer desciprtor ring scanning employs the
following algorithm:

1. Restore current buffer descriptor pointer from TBPTRn

2. Process current descriptor

3. If current descriptor has BD_WRAP flag set set current
   descriptor pointer to start of the descriptor ring

4. If current descriptor points to start of the ring exit the
   loop, otherwise increment current descriptor pointer and go
   to #2

5. Store current descriptor in TBPTRn

The way the code is implemented results in buffer descriptor ring being
scanned starting at offset/descriptor #0. While covering 99% of the
cases, this algorithm becomes problematic for a number of edge cases.

Consider the following scenario: guest OS driver initializes descriptor
ring to N individual descriptors and starts sending data out. Depending
on the volume of traffic and probably guest OS driver implementation it
is possible that an edge case where a packet, spread across 2
descriptors is placed in descriptors N - 1 and 0 in that order(it is
easy to imagine similar examples involving more than 2 descriptors).

What happens then is aforementioned algorithm starts at descriptor 0,
sees a descriptor marked as BD_LAST, which it happily sends out as a
separate packet(very much malformed at this point) then the iteration
continues and the first part of the original packet is tacked to the
next transmission which ends up being bogus as well.

This behvaiour can be pretty reliably observed when scp'ing data from a
guest OS via TAP interface for files larger than 160K (every time for
700K+).

This patch changes the scanning algorithm to do the following:

1. Restore "current" buffer descriptor pointer from
   TBPTRn

2. If "current" descriptor does not have BD_TX_READY set, goto #6

3. Process current descriptor

4. If "current" descriptor has BD_WRAP flag set "current"
   descriptor pointer to start of the descriptor ring otherwise
   set increment "current" by the size of one descriptor

5. Goto #1

6. Save "current" buffer descriptor in TBPTRn

This way we preserve the information about which descriptor was
processed last and always start where we left off avoiding the original
problem. On top of that, judging by the following excerpt from
MPC8548ERM (p. 14-48):

"... When the end of the TxBD ring is reached, eTSEC initializes TBPTRn
to the value in the corresponding TBASEn. The TBPTR register is
internally written by the eTSEC’s DMA controller during
transmission. The pointer increments by eight (bytes) each time a
descriptor is closed successfully by the eTSEC..."

revised algorithm might also a more correct way of emulating this aspect
of eTSEC peripheral.

Cc: Alexander Graf <agraf@suse.de>
Cc: Scott Wood <scottwood@freescale.com>
Cc: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
Cc: qemu-devel@nongnu.org
Signed-off-by: Andrey Smirnov <andrew.smirnov@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
2 years agortl8139: correctly handle PHY reset
Hervé Poussineau [Tue, 13 Dec 2016 19:44:41 +0000 (20:44 +0100)] 
rtl8139: correctly handle PHY reset

According to datasheet:
"[Bit 15 of Basic Mode Control Register] sets the status and control registers
of the PHY (register 0062-0074) in a default state. This bit is self-clearing.
1 = software reset; 0 = normal operation."

This fixes the netcard detection failure in Minoca OS.

Signed-off-by: Hervé Poussineau <hpoussin@reactos.org>
Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
2 years agorecord/replay: add network support
Pavel Dovgalyuk [Mon, 26 Sep 2016 08:08:21 +0000 (11:08 +0300)] 
record/replay: add network support

This patch adds support of recording and replaying network packets in
irount rr mode.

Record and replay for network interactions is performed with the network filter.
Each backend must have its own instance of the replay filter as follows:
 -netdev user,id=net1 -device rtl8139,netdev=net1
 -object filter-replay,id=replay,netdev=net1

Replay network filter is used to record and replay network packets. While
recording the virtual machine this filter puts all packets coming from
the outer world into the log. In replay mode packets from the log are
injected into the network device. All interactions with network backend
in replay mode are disabled.

v5 changes:
 - using iov_to_buf function instead of loop

Signed-off-by: Pavel Dovgalyuk <pavel.dovgaluk@ispras.ru>
Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/stefanha/tags/block-pull-request' into staging
Peter Maydell [Thu, 5 Jan 2017 12:44:22 +0000 (12:44 +0000)] 
Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/stefanha/tags/block-pull-request' into staging

# gpg: Signature made Wed 04 Jan 2017 13:29:09 GMT
# gpg:                using RSA key 0x9CA4ABB381AB73C8
# gpg: Good signature from "Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>"
# gpg:                 aka "Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@gmail.com>"
# Primary key fingerprint: 8695 A8BF D3F9 7CDA AC35  775A 9CA4 ABB3 81AB 73C8

* remotes/stefanha/tags/block-pull-request:
  iothread: add poll-grow and poll-shrink parameters
  aio: self-tune polling time
  virtio: disable virtqueue notifications during polling
  aio: add .io_poll_begin/end() callbacks
  virtio: turn vq->notification into a nested counter
  virtio-scsi: suppress virtqueue kick during processing
  virtio-blk: suppress virtqueue kick during processing
  iothread: add polling parameters
  linux-aio: poll ring for completions
  virtio: poll virtqueues for new buffers
  aio: add polling mode to AioContext
  aio: add AioPollFn and io_poll() interface
  aio: add flag to skip fds to aio_dispatch()
  HACKING: document #include order

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/gkurz/tags/for-upstream' into staging
Peter Maydell [Thu, 5 Jan 2017 10:53:57 +0000 (10:53 +0000)] 
Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/gkurz/tags/for-upstream' into staging

- transport specific callbacks (for Xen)
- fix crash (2.8 regression)
- 9p functional tests

# gpg: Signature made Tue 03 Jan 2017 17:30:58 GMT
# gpg:                using DSA key 0x02FC3AEB0101DBC2
# gpg: Good signature from "Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>"
# gpg:                 aka "Greg Kurz <groug@free.fr>"
# gpg:                 aka "Greg Kurz <gkurz@fr.ibm.com>"
# gpg:                 aka "Greg Kurz <gkurz@linux.vnet.ibm.com>"
# gpg:                 aka "Gregory Kurz (Groug) <groug@free.fr>"
# gpg:                 aka "Gregory Kurz (Cimai Technology) <gkurz@cimai.com>"
# gpg:                 aka "Gregory Kurz (Meiosys Technology) <gkurz@meiosys.com>"
# gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
# gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
# Primary key fingerprint: 2BD4 3B44 535E C0A7 9894  DBA2 02FC 3AEB 0101 DBC2

* remotes/gkurz/tags/for-upstream:
  tests: virtio-9p: ".." cannot be used to walk out of the shared directory
  tests: virtio-9p: no slash in path elements during walk
  tests: virtio-9p: add walk operation test
  tests: virtio-9p: add attach operation test
  tests: virtio-9p: add version operation test
  9pfs: fix P9_NOTAG and P9_NOFID macros
  tests: virtio-9p: code refactoring
  tests: virtio-9p: rename PCI configuration test
  9pfs: fix crash when fsdev is missing
  9pfs: introduce init_out/in_iov_from_pdu
  9pfs: call v9fs_init_qiov_from_pdu before v9fs_pack
  9pfs: introduce transport specific callbacks
  9pfs: move pdus to V9fsState

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/kraxel/tags/pull-vga-20170103-1' into staging
Peter Maydell [Thu, 5 Jan 2017 10:22:47 +0000 (10:22 +0000)] 
Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/kraxel/tags/pull-vga-20170103-1' into staging

virtio-gpu: misc bugfixes.

# gpg: Signature made Tue 03 Jan 2017 14:48:04 GMT
# gpg:                using RSA key 0x4CB6D8EED3E87138
# gpg: Good signature from "Gerd Hoffmann (work) <kraxel@redhat.com>"
# gpg:                 aka "Gerd Hoffmann <gerd@kraxel.org>"
# gpg:                 aka "Gerd Hoffmann (private) <kraxel@gmail.com>"
# Primary key fingerprint: A032 8CFF B93A 17A7 9901  FE7D 4CB6 D8EE D3E8 7138

* remotes/kraxel/tags/pull-vga-20170103-1:
  virtio-gpu: fix memory leak in resource attach backing
  virtio-gpu-3d: fix memory leak in resource attach backing
  virtio-gpu: call cleanup mapping function in resource destroy
  virtio-gpu: track and limit host memory allocations
  display: virtio-gpu-3d: check virgl capabilities max_size

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoiothread: add poll-grow and poll-shrink parameters
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:52 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
iothread: add poll-grow and poll-shrink parameters

These parameters control the poll time self-tuning algorithm.  They are
optional and will default to sane values if omitted.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-14-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agoaio: self-tune polling time
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:51 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
aio: self-tune polling time

This patch is based on the algorithm for the kvm.ko halt_poll_ns
parameter in Linux.  The initial polling time is zero.

If the event loop is woken up within the maximum polling time it means
polling could be effective, so grow polling time.

If the event loop is woken up beyond the maximum polling time it means
polling is not effective, so shrink polling time.

If the event loop makes progress within the current polling time then
the sweet spot has been reached.

This algorithm adjusts the polling time so it can adapt to variations in
workloads.  The goal is to reach the sweet spot while also recognizing
when polling would hurt more than help.

Two new trace events, poll_grow and poll_shrink, are added for observing
polling time adjustment.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-13-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agovirtio: disable virtqueue notifications during polling
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:50 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
virtio: disable virtqueue notifications during polling

This is a performance optimization to eliminate vmexits during polling.
It also avoids spurious ioeventfd processing after polling ends.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-12-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agoaio: add .io_poll_begin/end() callbacks
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:49 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
aio: add .io_poll_begin/end() callbacks

The begin and end callbacks can be used to prepare for the polling loop
and clean up when polling stops.  Note that they may only be called once
for multiple aio_poll() calls if polling continues to succeed.  Once
polling fails the end callback is invoked before aio_poll() resumes file
descriptor monitoring.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-11-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agovirtio: turn vq->notification into a nested counter
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:48 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
virtio: turn vq->notification into a nested counter

Polling should disable virtqueue notifications but that requires nested
virtio_queue_set_notification() calls.  Turn vq->notification into a
counter so it is possible to do nesting.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-10-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agovirtio-scsi: suppress virtqueue kick during processing
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:47 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
virtio-scsi: suppress virtqueue kick during processing

The guest does not need to kick the virtqueue while we are processing
it.  This reduces the number of vmexits during periods of heavy I/O.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-9-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agovirtio-blk: suppress virtqueue kick during processing
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:46 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
virtio-blk: suppress virtqueue kick during processing

The guest does not need to kick the virtqueue while we are processing
it.  This reduces the number of vmexits during periods of heavy I/O.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-8-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agoiothread: add polling parameters
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:45 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
iothread: add polling parameters

Poll mode can be configured with -object iothread,poll-max-ns=NUM.
Polling is disabled with a value of 0 nanoseconds.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-7-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agolinux-aio: poll ring for completions
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:44 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
linux-aio: poll ring for completions

The Linux AIO userspace ABI includes a ring that is shared with the
kernel.  This allows userspace programs to process completions without
system calls.

Add an AioContext poll handler to check for completions in the ring.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-6-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agovirtio: poll virtqueues for new buffers
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:43 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
virtio: poll virtqueues for new buffers

Add an AioContext poll handler to detect new virtqueue buffers without
waiting for a guest->host notification.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-5-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agoaio: add polling mode to AioContext
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:42 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
aio: add polling mode to AioContext

The AioContext event loop uses ppoll(2) or epoll_wait(2) to monitor file
descriptors or until a timer expires.  In cases like virtqueues, Linux
AIO, and ThreadPool it is technically possible to wait for events via
polling (i.e. continuously checking for events without blocking).

Polling can be faster than blocking syscalls because file descriptors,
the process scheduler, and system calls are bypassed.

The main disadvantage to polling is that it increases CPU utilization.
In classic polling configuration a full host CPU thread might run at
100% to respond to events as quickly as possible.  This patch implements
a timeout so we fall back to blocking syscalls if polling detects no
activity.  After the timeout no CPU cycles are wasted on polling until
the next event loop iteration.

The run_poll_handlers_begin() and run_poll_handlers_end() trace events
are added to aid performance analysis and troubleshooting.  If you need
to know whether polling mode is being used, trace these events to find
out.

Note that the AioContext is now re-acquired before disabling notify_me
in the non-polling case.  This makes the code cleaner since notify_me
was enabled outside the non-polling AioContext release region.  This
change is correct since it's safe to keep notify_me enabled longer
(disabling is an optimization) but potentially causes unnecessary
event_notifer_set() calls.  I think the chance of performance regression
is small here.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-4-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agoaio: add AioPollFn and io_poll() interface
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:41 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
aio: add AioPollFn and io_poll() interface

The new AioPollFn io_poll() argument to aio_set_fd_handler() and
aio_set_event_handler() is used in the next patch.

Keep this code change separate due to the number of files it touches.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-3-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agoaio: add flag to skip fds to aio_dispatch()
Stefan Hajnoczi [Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:26:40 +0000 (19:26 +0000)] 
aio: add flag to skip fds to aio_dispatch()

Polling mode will not call ppoll(2)/epoll_wait(2).  Therefore we know
there are no fds ready and should avoid looping over fd handlers in
aio_dispatch().

Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161201192652.9509-2-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agoHACKING: document #include order
Stefan Hajnoczi [Wed, 16 Nov 2016 14:39:21 +0000 (14:39 +0000)] 
HACKING: document #include order

It was not obvious to me why "qemu/osdep.h" must be the first #include.
This documents the rationale and the overall #include order.

Cc: Fam Zheng <famz@redhat.com>
Cc: Markus Armbruster <armbru@redhat.com>
Cc: Eric Blake <eblake@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Eric Blake <eblake@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Markus Armbruster <armbru@redhat.com>
Message-id: 1479307161-24658-1-git-send-email-stefanha@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com>
2 years agotests: virtio-9p: ".." cannot be used to walk out of the shared directory
Greg Kurz [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
tests: virtio-9p: ".." cannot be used to walk out of the shared directory

According to the 9P spec at http://man.cat-v.org/plan_9/5/intro, the
parent directory of the root directory of a server's tree is itself.
This test hence checks that the qid of the root directory as returned by
attach is the same as the qid of ".." when walking from the root directory.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
2 years agotests: virtio-9p: no slash in path elements during walk
Greg Kurz [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
tests: virtio-9p: no slash in path elements during walk

The walk operation is expected to fail and to return ENOENT.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
2 years agotests: virtio-9p: add walk operation test
Greg Kurz [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
tests: virtio-9p: add walk operation test

The walk operation is used to traverse the directory tree and to associate
paths to fids. A single walk can be used to traverse up to P9_MAXWELEM path
elements at the same time.

The test creates a path with P9_MAXWELEM elements on the backend (à la
'mkdir -p') and issues a walk operation. The walk is expected to succeed
without error.

Reference:

http://man.cat-v.org/plan_9/5/walk

Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
2 years agotests: virtio-9p: add attach operation test
Greg Kurz [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
tests: virtio-9p: add attach operation test

The attach operation is used to establish a connection between the
client and the server. After this, the client is able to access the
underlying filesystem and do I/O.

This test simply ensures the operation succeeds without error.

Reference:

http://man.cat-v.org/plan_9/5/attach

Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
2 years agotests: virtio-9p: add version operation test
Greg Kurz [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
tests: virtio-9p: add version operation test

This patch lays the foundations to be able to test 9P operations and
provides a test for the version operation as a first example.

A 9P request is composed of a T-message sent by the client (guest) to the
server (QEMU), and a R-message sent by the server back to the client.

The following general calls are available to implement requests for any
9P operations:

v9fs_req_init(): allocates the request structure and the guest memory for
                 the T-message

v9fs_req_send(): allocates the guest memory for the R-message and sends the
                 T-message to QEMU

v9fs_req_recv(): waits for QEMU to answer and does some sanity checks on the
                 returned R-message header

v9fs_req_free(): releases the guest memory and the request structure

Helpers are provided, to be used by each specific 9P operation to copy data
to/from the guest memory.

The version operation is used to negotiate the 9P protocol version to be
used and the maximum buffer size for exchanged data. It is necessarily
the first message of a 9P session. For simplicity, the maximum buffer size
is hardcoded to 4k, which should be enough for functional tests.

The test simply advertises the "9P2000.L" version to QEMU and expects QEMU
to answer it is supported.

References:

http://man.cat-v.org/plan_9/5/intro
http://man.cat-v.org/plan_9/5/version

Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
2 years ago9pfs: fix P9_NOTAG and P9_NOFID macros
Greg Kurz [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
9pfs: fix P9_NOTAG and P9_NOFID macros

The u16 and u32 types don't exist in QEMU common headers. It never broke
build because these two macros aren't use by the current code, but this
is about to change with the future addition of functional tests for 9P.

Also, these should have enclosing parenthesis to be usable in any
syntactical situation.

As suggested by Eric Blake, let's use UINT16_MAX and UINT32_MAX to address
both issues.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
2 years agotests: virtio-9p: code refactoring
Greg Kurz [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
tests: virtio-9p: code refactoring

This moves the test_share static and the QOSState into the QVirtIO9P
structure, and put PCI related code in functions with a _pci_ name.

This will avoid code duplication in future tests, and allow to add
support for non-PCI platforms.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
2 years agotests: virtio-9p: rename PCI configuration test
Greg Kurz [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
tests: virtio-9p: rename PCI configuration test

Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
2 years ago9pfs: fix crash when fsdev is missing
Greg Kurz [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
9pfs: fix crash when fsdev is missing

If the user passes -device virtio-9p without the corresponding -fsdev, QEMU
dereferences a NULL pointer and crashes.

This is a 2.8 regression introduced by commit 702dbcc274e2c.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
Reviewed-by: Li Qiang <liq3ea@gmail.com>
2 years ago9pfs: introduce init_out/in_iov_from_pdu
Stefano Stabellini [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
9pfs: introduce init_out/in_iov_from_pdu

Not all 9pfs transports share memory between request and response. For
those who don't, it is necessary to know how much memory is required in
the response.

Split the existing init_iov_from_pdu function in two:
init_out_iov_from_pdu (for writes) and init_in_iov_from_pdu (for reads).
init_in_iov_from_pdu takes an additional size parameter to specify the
memory required for the response message.

Signed-off-by: Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
2 years ago9pfs: call v9fs_init_qiov_from_pdu before v9fs_pack
Stefano Stabellini [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
9pfs: call v9fs_init_qiov_from_pdu before v9fs_pack

v9fs_xattr_read should not access VirtQueueElement elems directly.
Move v9fs_init_qiov_from_pdu up in the file and call
v9fs_init_qiov_from_pdu before v9fs_pack. Use v9fs_pack on the new
iovec.

Signed-off-by: Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
2 years ago9pfs: introduce transport specific callbacks
Stefano Stabellini [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
9pfs: introduce transport specific callbacks

Don't call virtio functions from 9pfs generic code, use generic function
callbacks instead.

Signed-off-by: Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
2 years ago9pfs: move pdus to V9fsState
Stefano Stabellini [Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:28:44 +0000 (17:28 +0100)] 
9pfs: move pdus to V9fsState

pdus are initialized and used in 9pfs common code. Move the array from
V9fsVirtioState to V9fsState.

Signed-off-by: Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org>
2 years agovirtio-gpu: fix memory leak in resource attach backing
Li Qiang [Thu, 29 Dec 2016 09:28:41 +0000 (04:28 -0500)] 
virtio-gpu: fix memory leak in resource attach backing

In the resource attach backing function, everytime it will
allocate 'res->iov' thus can leading a memory leak. This
patch avoid this.

Signed-off-by: Li Qiang <liq3ea@gmail.com>
Message-id: 1483003721-65360-1-git-send-email-liq3ea@gmail.com
Signed-off-by: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com>
2 years agovirtio-gpu-3d: fix memory leak in resource attach backing
Li Qiang [Thu, 29 Dec 2016 08:11:26 +0000 (03:11 -0500)] 
virtio-gpu-3d: fix memory leak in resource attach backing

If the virgl_renderer_resource_attach_iov function fails the
'res_iovs' will be leaked. Add check of the return value to
free the 'res_iovs' when failing.

Signed-off-by: Li Qiang <liq3ea@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Marc-André Lureau <marcandre.lureau@redhat.com>
Message-id: 1482999086-59795-1-git-send-email-liq3ea@gmail.com
Signed-off-by: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com>
2 years agovirtio-gpu: call cleanup mapping function in resource destroy
Li Qiang [Tue, 29 Nov 2016 02:29:25 +0000 (21:29 -0500)] 
virtio-gpu: call cleanup mapping function in resource destroy

If the guest destroy the resource before detach banking, the 'iov'
and 'addrs' field in resource is not freed thus leading memory
leak issue. This patch avoid this.

Signed-off-by: Li Qiang <liq3ea@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Marc-André Lureau <marcandre.lureau@redhat.com>
Message-id: 1480386565-10077-1-git-send-email-liq3ea@gmail.com
Signed-off-by: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com>
2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/vivier/tags/m68k-for-2.9-pull-request' into...
Peter Maydell [Wed, 28 Dec 2016 17:11:11 +0000 (17:11 +0000)] 
Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/vivier/tags/m68k-for-2.9-pull-request' into staging

# gpg: Signature made Tue 27 Dec 2016 17:52:12 GMT
# gpg:                using RSA key 0xF30C38BD3F2FBE3C
# gpg: Good signature from "Laurent Vivier <lvivier@redhat.com>"
# gpg:                 aka "Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu>"
# gpg:                 aka "Laurent Vivier (Red Hat) <lvivier@redhat.com>"
# Primary key fingerprint: CD2F 75DD C8E3 A4DC 2E4F  5173 F30C 38BD 3F2F BE3C

* remotes/vivier/tags/m68k-for-2.9-pull-request:
  target-m68k: free TCG variables that are not
  target-m68k: add rol/ror/roxl/roxr instructions
  target-m68k: Inline shifts
  target-m68k: Do not cpu_abort on undefined insns
  target-m68k: Implement 680x0 movem
  target-m68k: add cas/cas2 ops
  target-m68k: add abcd/sbcd/nbcd
  target-m68k: add 680x0 divu/divs variants
  target-m68k: add 64bit mull
  target-m68k: add cmpm
  target-m68k: Split gen_lea and gen_ea
  target-m68k: Delay autoinc writeback

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agotarget-m68k: free TCG variables that are not
Laurent Vivier [Sun, 10 Jan 2016 13:53:33 +0000 (14:53 +0100)] 
target-m68k: free TCG variables that are not

This is a cleanup patch. It adds call to tcg_temp_free()
when it is missing.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu>
Reviewed-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
2 years agotarget-m68k: add rol/ror/roxl/roxr instructions
Laurent Vivier [Sun, 10 Jan 2016 23:54:57 +0000 (00:54 +0100)] 
target-m68k: add rol/ror/roxl/roxr instructions

Signed-off-by: Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu>
Reviewed-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
2 years agotarget-m68k: Inline shifts
Richard Henderson [Wed, 9 Nov 2016 13:46:09 +0000 (14:46 +0100)] 
target-m68k: Inline shifts

Also manage word and byte operands and fix the computation of
overflow in the case of M68000 arithmetic shifts.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu>
Signed-off-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
Message-Id: <1478699171-10637-4-git-send-email-rth@twiddle.net>

2 years agotarget-m68k: Do not cpu_abort on undefined insns
Richard Henderson [Wed, 9 Nov 2016 13:46:08 +0000 (14:46 +0100)] 
target-m68k: Do not cpu_abort on undefined insns

Report this properly via exception and, importantly, allow
the disassembler the chance to tell us what insn is not handled.

Reviewed-by: Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu>
Signed-off-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
Message-Id: <1478699171-10637-3-git-send-email-rth@twiddle.net>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu>
2 years agotarget-m68k: Implement 680x0 movem
Laurent Vivier [Wed, 9 Nov 2016 13:46:07 +0000 (14:46 +0100)] 
target-m68k: Implement 680x0 movem

680x0 movem can load/store words and long words and can use more
addressing modes.  Coldfire can only use long words with (Ax) and
(d16,Ax) addressing modes.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu>
Signed-off-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
Message-Id: <1478699171-10637-2-git-send-email-rth@twiddle.net>

2 years agotarget-m68k: add cas/cas2 ops
Laurent Vivier [Mon, 11 Jan 2016 00:33:26 +0000 (01:33 +0100)] 
target-m68k: add cas/cas2 ops

Implement CAS using cmpxchg.
Implement CAS2 using helper and either cmpxchg when
the 32bit addresses are consecutive, or with
parallel_cpus+cpu_loop_exit_atomic() otherwise.

Suggested-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu>
Reviewed-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
2 years agotarget-m68k: add abcd/sbcd/nbcd
Laurent Vivier [Sat, 7 May 2016 20:28:57 +0000 (22:28 +0200)] 
target-m68k: add abcd/sbcd/nbcd

Signed-off-by: Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu>
Reviewed-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
2 years agotarget-m68k: add 680x0 divu/divs variants
Laurent Vivier [Fri, 28 Oct 2016 18:42:23 +0000 (20:42 +0200)] 
target-m68k: add 680x0 divu/divs variants

Update helper to set the throwing location in case of div-by-0.
Cleanup divX.w and add quad word variants of divX.l.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu>
Reviewed-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twidle.net>
[laurent: modified to clear Z on overflow, as found with risu]

2 years agotarget-m68k: add 64bit mull
Laurent Vivier [Sat, 16 Jan 2016 22:17:26 +0000 (23:17 +0100)] 
target-m68k: add 64bit mull

Signed-off-by: Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu>
Reviewed-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twidle.net>
2 years agotarget-m68k: add cmpm
Laurent Vivier [Thu, 3 Nov 2016 20:50:03 +0000 (14:50 -0600)] 
target-m68k: add cmpm

Signed-off-by: Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu>
Reviewed-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
Message-Id: <1477604609-2206-2-git-send-email-laurent@vivier.eu>
Signed-off-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
Message-Id: <1478206203-4606-4-git-send-email-rth@twiddle.net>

2 years agotarget-m68k: Split gen_lea and gen_ea
Richard Henderson [Thu, 3 Nov 2016 20:50:02 +0000 (14:50 -0600)] 
target-m68k: Split gen_lea and gen_ea

Provide gen_lea_mode and gen_ea_mode, where the mode can be
specified manually, rather than taken from the instruction.

Signed-off-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
Message-Id: <1478206203-4606-3-git-send-email-rth@twiddle.net>

2 years agotarget-m68k: Delay autoinc writeback
Richard Henderson [Thu, 3 Nov 2016 20:50:01 +0000 (14:50 -0600)] 
target-m68k: Delay autoinc writeback

Signed-off-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
Message-Id: <1478206203-4606-2-git-send-email-rth@twiddle.net>

2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/pmaydell/tags/pull-target-arm-20161227' into...
Peter Maydell [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 16:44:58 +0000 (16:44 +0000)] 
Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/pmaydell/tags/pull-target-arm-20161227' into staging

target-arm queue:
 * add VBAR support to ARM1176 CPUs
 * hw/i2c: add NULL check to i2c slave init callbacks
 * pxa2xx.c: fix trailing whitespace
 * aspeed: various cleanups
 * aspeed: add romulus-bmc board
 * virt: add 2.9 machine type
 * gicv3: don't signal Pending+Active interrupts to CPU
 * gicv3: fix incorrect usage of fieldoffset
 * arm: log AArch64 exception returns
 * gicv3: fix aff3 field in typer register
 * aarch64: fix ldst_single_struct on BE hosts
 * aarch64: fix vec_reg_offset on BE hosts
 * arm: fix Cortex-A8 MVFR1 register value
 * cadence_uart: check if receiver timeout counter disabled
 * cadence_uart: check register values on migration

# gpg: Signature made Tue 27 Dec 2016 15:19:26 GMT
# gpg:                using RSA key 0x3C2525ED14360CDE
# gpg: Good signature from "Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>"
# gpg:                 aka "Peter Maydell <pmaydell@gmail.com>"
# gpg:                 aka "Peter Maydell <pmaydell@chiark.greenend.org.uk>"
# Primary key fingerprint: E1A5 C593 CD41 9DE2 8E83  15CF 3C25 25ED 1436 0CDE

* remotes/pmaydell/tags/pull-target-arm-20161227: (25 commits)
  target-arm: Add VBAR support to ARM1176 CPUs
  hw/i2c: Add a NULL check for i2c slave init callbacks
  hw/arm: remove trailing whitespace
  aspeed/smc: set the number of flash modules for the FMC controller
  aspeed/smc: improve segment register support
  aspeed/scu: fix SCU region size
  aspeed: change SoC revision of the palmetto-bmc machine
  aspeed: add the definitions for the AST2400 A1 SoC
  aspeed: add a memory region for SRAM
  aspeed: add support for the romulus-bmc board
  aspeed: extend the board configuration with flash models
  aspeed: attach the second SPI controller object to the SoC
  aspeed: remove cannot_destroy_with_object_finalize_yet
  aspeed: QOMify the CPU object and attach it to the SoC
  m25p80: add support for the mx66l1g45g
  hw/arm/virt: add 2.9 machine type
  hw/intc/arm_gicv3: Don't signal Pending+Active interrupts to CPU
  hw/intc/arm_gicv3: Remove incorrect usage of fieldoffset
  target-arm: Log AArch64 exception returns
  hw/intc/arm_gicv3_common: fix aff3 in typer
  ...

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agotarget-arm: Add VBAR support to ARM1176 CPUs
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:30 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
target-arm: Add VBAR support to ARM1176 CPUs

ARM1176 CPUs have TrustZone support and can use the Vector Base
Address Register, but currently, qemu only adds VBAR support to ARMv7
CPUs. Fix this by adding a new feature ARM_FEATURE_VBAR which can used
for ARMv7 and ARM1176 CPUs.

The VBAR feature is always set for ARMv7 because some legacy boards
require it even if this is not architecturally correct.

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Message-id: 1481810970-9692-1-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agohw/i2c: Add a NULL check for i2c slave init callbacks
Alastair D'Silva [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:29 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
hw/i2c: Add a NULL check for i2c slave init callbacks

Add a NULL check for i2c slave init callbacks, so that we no longer
need to implement empty init functions.

Signed-off-by: Alastair D'Silva <alastair@d-silva.org>
Message-id: 20161202054617.6749-4-alastair@au1.ibm.com
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
[PMM: squashed in later tweak from Alistair to if() phrasing]
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agohw/arm: remove trailing whitespace
Alastair D'Silva [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:29 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
hw/arm: remove trailing whitespace

Remove trailing whitespace in hw/arm/pxa2xx.c

Signed-off-by: Alastair D'Silva <alastair@d-silva.org>
Message-id: 20161202054617.6749-3-alastair@au1.ibm.com
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoaspeed/smc: set the number of flash modules for the FMC controller
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:29 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
aspeed/smc: set the number of flash modules for the FMC controller

Add a new configuration field at the board level and propagate the
value using the "num-cs" property of the FMC controller model.

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Message-id: 1480434248-27138-14-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoaspeed/smc: improve segment register support
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:28 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
aspeed/smc: improve segment register support

The HW does not enforce all the rules in the specs and allows a few
"curious" setups like zero size segments and overlaps. So change the
model to be in sync but keep the warnings which are always interesting
for debug.

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Reviewed-by: Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au>
Message-id: 1480434248-27138-13-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoaspeed/scu: fix SCU region size
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:28 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
aspeed/scu: fix SCU region size

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Reviewed-by: Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>
Message-id: 1480434248-27138-12-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoaspeed: change SoC revision of the palmetto-bmc machine
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:28 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
aspeed: change SoC revision of the palmetto-bmc machine

The palmetto BMC machine uses a AST2400 revision A1 SoC.

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Reviewed-by: Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>
Message-id: 1480434248-27138-11-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoaspeed: add the definitions for the AST2400 A1 SoC
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:28 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
aspeed: add the definitions for the AST2400 A1 SoC

There is not much differences with the A0 revision apart from the DDR
calibration.

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Reviewed-by: Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>
Message-id: 1480434248-27138-10-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoaspeed: add a memory region for SRAM
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:27 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
aspeed: add a memory region for SRAM

The size of the SRAM depends on the SoC model, so use a per-soc
definition when creating the region.

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Reviewed-by: Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>
Message-id: 1480434248-27138-9-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoaspeed: add support for the romulus-bmc board
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:27 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
aspeed: add support for the romulus-bmc board

The Romulus machine is an OpenPOWER system with an AST2500 SoC for
the BMC and a POWER9 chip for the host. It does not make much
difference for qemu a part from the fact that the FMC controller has
two SPI flash module.

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Reviewed-by: Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au>
Message-id: 1480434248-27138-8-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoaspeed: extend the board configuration with flash models
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:27 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
aspeed: extend the board configuration with flash models

Future machine will use different flash models for the FMC and the SPI
controllers.

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Reviewed-by: Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>
Message-id: 1480434248-27138-7-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoaspeed: attach the second SPI controller object to the SoC
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:27 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
aspeed: attach the second SPI controller object to the SoC

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>
Message-id: 1480434248-27138-6-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoaspeed: remove cannot_destroy_with_object_finalize_yet
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:26 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
aspeed: remove cannot_destroy_with_object_finalize_yet

With commit ce5b1bbf624b ("exec: move cpu_exec_init() calls to realize
functions"), we can now remove cannot_destroy_with_object_finalize_yet.

Suggested-by: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>
Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Message-id: 1480434248-27138-5-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoaspeed: QOMify the CPU object and attach it to the SoC
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:26 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
aspeed: QOMify the CPU object and attach it to the SoC

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Reviewed-by: Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>
Message-id: 1480434248-27138-4-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agom25p80: add support for the mx66l1g45g
Cédric Le Goater [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:26 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
m25p80: add support for the mx66l1g45g

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org>
Reviewed-by: Marcin Krzeminski <marcin.krzeminski@nokia.com>
Reviewed-by: Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>
Message-id: 1480434248-27138-3-git-send-email-clg@kaod.org
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agohw/arm/virt: add 2.9 machine type
Peter Maydell [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:26 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
hw/arm/virt: add 2.9 machine type

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
2 years agohw/intc/arm_gicv3: Don't signal Pending+Active interrupts to CPU
Peter Maydell [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:25 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
hw/intc/arm_gicv3: Don't signal Pending+Active interrupts to CPU

The GICv3 requires that we only signal Pending interrupts to
the CPU. This category does not include Pending+Active interrupts,
which means we need to check whether the interrupt is Active in
the gicr_int_pending() and gicd_int_pending() functions.

Interrupts are rarely in the Active+Pending state, but KVM
uses this as part of its handling of the virtual timer, so
this bug was causing KVM to go into an infinite loop of
taking the vtimer interrupt when the guest first triggered it.

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Edgar E. Iglesias <edgar.iglesias@xilinx.com>
2 years agohw/intc/arm_gicv3: Remove incorrect usage of fieldoffset
Peter Maydell [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:25 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
hw/intc/arm_gicv3: Remove incorrect usage of fieldoffset

In the ARMCPRegInfo definitions for the GICv3 CPU interface
registers, we were trying to use .fieldoffset to specify
the locations of data fields within the GICv3CPUState struct.
This is completely broken, because .fieldoffset is for offsets
into the CPUARMState struct. We didn't notice because we
were only using this for reads to BPR0, AP0R<n>, IGRPEN0
and CTLR_EL3, and Linux doesn't use these registers.

Replace the .fieldoffset uses with explicit read functions.

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Edgar E. Iglesias <edgar.iglesias@xilinx.com>
2 years agotarget-arm: Log AArch64 exception returns
Peter Maydell [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:25 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
target-arm: Log AArch64 exception returns

We already log exception entry; add logging of the AArch64 exception
return path as well.

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Edgar E. Iglesias <edgar.iglesias@xilinx.com>
2 years agohw/intc/arm_gicv3_common: fix aff3 in typer
Andrew Jones [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:24 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
hw/intc/arm_gicv3_common: fix aff3 in typer

Signed-off-by: Andrew Jones <drjones@redhat.com>
Message-id: 20161209143703.29457-1-drjones@redhat.com
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agotarget-arm: Fix aarch64 disas_ldst_single_struct
Richard Henderson [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:24 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
target-arm: Fix aarch64 disas_ldst_single_struct

We add s->be_data within do_vec_ld/st.  Adding it here means that
we have the wrong bits set in SIZE for a big-endian host, leading
to g_assert_not_reached in write_vec_element and read_vec_element.

Signed-off-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
Message-id: 1481085020-2614-3-git-send-email-rth@twiddle.net
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agotarget-arm: Fix aarch64 vec_reg_offset
Richard Henderson [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:24 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
target-arm: Fix aarch64 vec_reg_offset

Since CPUARMState.vfp.regs is not 16 byte aligned, the ^ 8 fixup used
for a big-endian host doesn't do what's intended.  Fix this by adding
in the vfp.regs offset after computing the inter-register offset.

Signed-off-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
Message-id: 1481085020-2614-2-git-send-email-rth@twiddle.net
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoCorrect value of ARM Cortex-A8 MVFR1 register.
Julian Brown [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:23 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
Correct value of ARM Cortex-A8 MVFR1 register.

The value of the MVFR1 (Media and VFP Feature Register 1) register for
the Cortex-A8 appears to be incorrect (according to the TRM, DDI0344K),
with the "full denormal arithmetic" and "propagation of NaN" fields
holding both 0 instead of both 1.

I had a go tracing the history of the use of this value, and it seems
it's always just been wrong in QEMU: maybe it was derived from early
documentation, or guessed based on the use of a "VFP Lite" implementation
in the Cortex-A8.

Depending on the startup/early-boot code in use, this can manifest as
failure to perform denormal arithmetic properly: in our case, selecting
a Cortex-A8 CPU when using QEMU as an instruction-set simulator for
bare-metal GCC testing caused tests using denormal arithmetic to
fail. Problems might be masked (or not occur) when using a full OS kernel
with suitable trap handlers (I'm not sure).

Signed-off-by: Julian Brown <julian@codesourcery.com>
Message-id: 1481130858-31767-1-git-send-email-julian@codesourcery.com
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agocadence_uart: Check if receiver timeout counter is disabled
Andrew Gacek [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:23 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
cadence_uart: Check if receiver timeout counter is disabled

When register Rcvr_timeout_reg0 (R_RTOR in cadence_uart.c) is set to
0, the receiver timeout counter should be disabled. See page 1801 of
"Zynq-7000 AP SoC Technical Reference Manual". This commit adds a
such a check before setting the receive timeout interrupt.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Gacek <andrew.gacek@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Edgar E. Iglesias <edgar.iglesias@xilinx.com>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agocadence_uart: Check baud rate generator and divider values on migration
Alistair Francis [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:59:22 +0000 (14:59 +0000)] 
cadence_uart: Check baud rate generator and divider values on migration

The Cadence UART device emulator calculates speed by dividing the
baud rate by a 'baud rate generator' & 'baud rate divider' value.
The device specification defines these register values to be
non-zero and within certain limits. Checks were recently added when
writing to these registers but not when restoring from migration.

This patch adds checks when restoring from migration to avoid divide by
zero errors.

Reported-by: Huawei PSIRT <psirt@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Alistair Francis <alistair.francis@xilinx.com>
Message-id: 04ae30ed8ee1758cd2d2af880da4d28f74c67738.1481132150.git.alistair.francis@xilinx.com
Reviewed-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/rth/tags/pull-tcg-20161223' into staging
Peter Maydell [Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:56:47 +0000 (14:56 +0000)] 
Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/rth/tags/pull-tcg-20161223' into staging

queued s390 host fixes

# gpg: Signature made Sat 24 Dec 2016 03:41:40 GMT
# gpg:                using RSA key 0xAD1270CC4DD0279B
# gpg: Good signature from "Richard Henderson <rth7680@gmail.com>"
# gpg:                 aka "Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com>"
# gpg:                 aka "Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>"
# Primary key fingerprint: 9CB1 8DDA F8E8 49AD 2AFC  16A4 AD12 70CC 4DD0 279B

* remotes/rth/tags/pull-tcg-20161223:
  tcg/s390: Remove 'R' constraint
  tcg/s390: Fix setcond expansion

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agocryptodev: add 3des-ede support
Longpeng(Mike) [Thu, 8 Dec 2016 02:44:02 +0000 (10:44 +0800)] 
cryptodev: add 3des-ede support

This patch add 3des-ede support for cryptodev. However this is effective
only when backend using libgcrypt/nettle, because cipher-builtin doesn't
support 3des-ede yet.

Signed-off-by: Longpeng(Mike) <longpeng2@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Gonglei <arei.gonglei@huawei.com>
2 years agocryptodev: remove single-DES support in cryptodev
Longpeng(Mike) [Wed, 7 Dec 2016 01:11:50 +0000 (09:11 +0800)] 
cryptodev: remove single-DES support in cryptodev

Single-DES is obsolete and it's broken/useless for decades, we should
remove it in cryptodev, as suggested by Daniel.
Guest who wants to use this obsolete cipher alg will use its built-in
implementation instead.

Signed-off-by: Longpeng(Mike) <longpeng2@huawei.com>
Reviewed-by: Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Gonglei <arei.gonglei@huawei.com>
2 years agocryptodev: add xts(aes) support
Longpeng(Mike) [Mon, 5 Dec 2016 11:39:09 +0000 (19:39 +0800)] 
cryptodev: add xts(aes) support

This patch add xts(aes) support.

Signed-off-by: Longpeng(Mike) <longpeng2@huawei.com>
Reviewed-by: Gonglei <arei.gonglei@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Gonglei <arei.gonglei@huawei.com>
2 years agocryptodev: fix the check of aes algorithm
Longpeng(Mike) [Mon, 5 Dec 2016 11:39:08 +0000 (19:39 +0800)] 
cryptodev: fix the check of aes algorithm

As the key length of xts(aes) is different with other mode of aes,
so we should check specially in cryptodev_builtin_get_aes_algo, if
it is xts mode.

Signed-off-by: Longpeng(Mike) <longpeng2@huawei.com>
Reviewed-by: Gonglei <arei.gonglei@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Gonglei <arei.gonglei@huawei.com>
2 years agotcg/s390: Remove 'R' constraint
Richard Henderson [Wed, 7 Dec 2016 04:12:47 +0000 (23:12 -0500)] 
tcg/s390: Remove 'R' constraint

Since R0 is reserved, we don't need a special case constraint.

Signed-off-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
2 years agotcg/s390: Fix setcond expansion
Richard Henderson [Wed, 7 Dec 2016 03:00:57 +0000 (22:00 -0500)] 
tcg/s390: Fix setcond expansion

We can't use LOAD AND TEST for unsigned data and then expect to
extract the result with ADD LOGICAL WITH CARRY.  Fall through to
using COMPARE LOGICAL IMMEDIATE instead.

Signed-off-by: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/bonzini/tags/for-upstream' into staging
Peter Maydell [Thu, 22 Dec 2016 19:23:51 +0000 (19:23 +0000)] 
Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/bonzini/tags/for-upstream' into staging

* core support for MemoryRegionCache from myself
* rules.mak speedup and cleanups from myself and Marc-Adnré
* multiboot command line fix from Vlad
* SCSI fixes from myself
* small qemu-timer speedup from myself
* x86 debugging improvements from Doug
* configurable Q35 devices from  Chao
* x86 5-level paging support from Kirill
* x86 SHA_NI support for KVM from Yi Sun
* improved kvmclock migration logic from Marcelo
* bugfixes and doc fixes from others

# gpg: Signature made Thu 22 Dec 2016 15:01:13 GMT
# gpg:                using RSA key 0xBFFBD25F78C7AE83
# gpg: Good signature from "Paolo Bonzini <bonzini@gnu.org>"
# gpg:                 aka "Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>"
# Primary key fingerprint: 46F5 9FBD 57D6 12E7 BFD4  E2F7 7E15 100C CD36 69B1
#      Subkey fingerprint: F133 3857 4B66 2389 866C  7682 BFFB D25F 78C7 AE83

* remotes/bonzini/tags/for-upstream: (25 commits)
  x86: implement la57 paging mode
  target-i386: Fix eflags.TF/#DB handling of syscall/sysret insns
  kvmclock: reduce kvmclock difference on migration
  kvm: sync linux headers
  scsi-disk: fix VERIFY for scsi-block
  hw/block/pflash_cfi*.c: fix confusing assert fail message
  multiboot: copy the cmdline verbatim, unescape module strings
  x86: Fix x86_64 'g' packet response to gdb from 32-bit mode.
  pc: make pit configurable
  pc: make sata configurable
  pc: make smbus configurable
  target-i386: Add Intel SHA_NI instruction support.
  block: drop remaining legacy aio functions in comment
  main-loop: update comment for qemu_mutex_lock/unlock_iothread
  timer: fix misleading comment in timer.h
  qemu-timer: check active_timers outside lock/event
  virtio-scsi: introduce virtio_scsi_acquire/release
  build-sys: remove libtool left-over
  rules.mak: add more rules to avoid chaining
  rules.mak: speedup save-vars load-vars
  ...

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/berrange/tags/pull-qcrypto-2016-12-21-2' into...
Peter Maydell [Thu, 22 Dec 2016 18:02:45 +0000 (18:02 +0000)] 
Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/berrange/tags/pull-qcrypto-2016-12-21-2' into staging

Merge qcrypto 2016/12/21 v2

# gpg: Signature made Thu 22 Dec 2016 10:46:17 GMT
# gpg:                using RSA key 0xBE86EBB415104FDF
# gpg: Good signature from "Daniel P. Berrange <dan@berrange.com>"
# gpg:                 aka "Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com>"
# Primary key fingerprint: DAF3 A6FD B26B 6291 2D0E  8E3F BE86 EBB4 1510 4FDF

* remotes/berrange/tags/pull-qcrypto-2016-12-21-2:
  crypto: add HMAC algorithms testcases
  crypto: support HMAC algorithms based on nettle
  crypto: support HMAC algorithms based on glib
  crypto: support HMAC algorithms based on libgcrypt
  crypto: add HMAC algorithms framework
  configure: add CONFIG_GCRYPT_HMAC item
  crypto: add 3des-ede support when using libgcrypt/nettle
  cipher: fix leak on initialization error

Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>